Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Day BROS...

In the past four years, never have I been home for Turkey Day. And while at times I wish this could be different, the day on which we give thanks has--in the past--produced some pretty unforgettable times.


2005: Heen and Tooth flung their bodies down to LA for some wild times in the back of Steve. LAPD, Captain Mo, and some $100 seatbelt tickets--not to mention the waitress at the hookah bar.


2006: Another interesting Holiday spent away from the family...this time, about 6,000 miles away (obviously a rough--and uneducated--estimate). While studying abroad, me and a few friends decided to trek up north for the long weekend; Norway our destination of choice. We hung at the Olympic Village, played some Hearts, and feasted on rice cakes and peanut butter for a memorable Thanksgiving meal.

2007: As a more traditional Thanksgiving, I met my Mom, Dad, and brother in San Diego to share the day together. We ended up having dinner at Jesse's girlfriend's sister's house. Nothing wild. Drinks. Board games. Surf. 
2008 (tomorrow): The bros are coming! The bros are coming!

Tooth, Heen, Soj (in spirit) and Pulse be coming to Malibu to celebrate the festivities...


Still, as a time to reflect on the things we are thankful for, the majority of us say that our friends and family are what we cherish most. This being the case, I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for the times spent (both at home and abroad) with my bros and the fam...the people that keep me going.

Happy Turkey Day.
Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Give Thanks.


No comments: